It’s pretty hard keeping a positive mind whenever you have so many things fail you or the feeling that you are still very far from achieving your goal. I try to think that we are all destined for greatness, you just have to keep reaching towards your goal and don’t worry things take time just be patient.
For those of you who don’t know, I am currently a nurse advancing to get my bachelors and I work full time in a urgent care center. I always found the medical field interesting, I feel it’s filled with endless life experiences and new information. I wanted to choose a career path that would bring me a good income but also a career that I would not soon regret. My main purpose is to work in oncology, I would love to help kids primarily by motivating and making them feel comfortable while they go through these battles. Nevertheless I am a part time blogger 🙂 I am passionate about anything that is fashion and style . I’m always finding something to keep me busy or something that will benefit me in life. I do plan to encorporate fashion into my career path, it’s a process and a lot of dedication but slowly I am building my empire. I have been obsessed with fashion since I was itty bitty. Art runs in my veins and it would just be crazy if I wasn’t involve doing something I love and good at. Let’s just say that when the kids were out playing or watching tv, I would spend my time drawing, sketching clothe designs on my journals, do make-overs on my dolls, flip through fashion magazines, etc. what more can I say I was destined for this! HA!
It hasn’t always been easy achieving my accomplishments, I mean I had to go through a few odd jobs just to make a living for myself. I have always been a very independent person, and being so it can get quite difficult starting from scratch and moving on up. I look back sometimes and applaud myself for getting me where I am now, because trust me sometimes we can be our worst demons to doubt our potential. Sometimes I really feel like I’m wasting my time trying to follow my dreams because I see how other people achieve so much more in a faster timeframe. Trust me when I say you are not the only one that feels this way, but we try and good things come out to those who set their heart to it!
Keep your head up!…
So it won’t always be how you want it to play out. If you are passionate about something, you already have the talent for it because there is nothing that can stop what is made for you. Everyone has an individual talent that they master in a unique way that no one can take or replicate the same way you picture it.
1. Follow your dreams !! If you are starting up a career or even if it’s just a hobby, grasp that and just go for it. It doesn’t matter how old you are, don’t be afraid to start something new.
2. Be your #1 Fan! Believe in yourself first. It doesn’t matter if no one is cheering for you or if you have a full crowd, at the end you are your most valuable motivator. We are the only ones who have control over the little voices in our head, all you have to do is tell yourself “you got this girl!” Every time you start to doubt yourself.
3. Never compare yourself others! This is very important thing to remember… One thing is for sure, comparing yourself to others can be a big no-no! When you start comparing to a person that has been a bit more successful than you, you start to put yourself down and may cause you to give up. Never make yourself seem any lesser than anyone because we are all capable of so much. It’s nice to have people to look up to and that motivate you, but when you start to spot out the differences step away gals! Take a walk, clear your mind, and get back on your grind!!
4. Don’t be afraid To start from scratch. First and foremost I always encourage finish what you start, everything and anything can be an accomplishment. What I mean about not being afraid to start from scratch is to being able to have the courage to try something new especially if you have the opportunity. Let’s just say you finished school and have your career on track, don’t stop there start a new project. I’ve learned that there is always something new you could do and could possibly change your lifestyle for the better.
5. Write it out. You know when they told you to write down your goals and you probably wondered why? Let me tell you it’s quite effective. From time to time I like to write things down on my journal that I would like to accomplish and a lot of the time I find myself finishing the task for at least starting it. Don’t think it’s a waste of time try it out! Now if that sounds boring to you try something different, try making an inspiration board or open up a blog and be creative. For example if you are sitting there scrolling through IG thinking “I want this or that,” make your own page to inspire yourself to get where you want to be, hey you may even inspire others as well!
6. Stick to the motivator, stay away from the haters! A very important thing to do is to keep positive people around, anyone who willingly gives you advice or believes in you no matter what. People who discourage you from doing what you’re passionate about its not healthy for you nor are they the right kind of people to keep around when you are trying to accomplish something. Try too keep those positive people around, and hey your motivator can just be about anything as well such as person, or item, etc. Fashion happens to be my motivator, all I have to do is watch a couple of runway shows and I’m like “Okay let’s get to work! I have my own show to run one day!” Just remember to stick to those who bring you positive vibes !!
“Remember why you started”