I hope you all are having an amazing summer! Staying cool I hope. This summer has been filled with many great moments…. if we don’t pause for a minute every once in a while to smell the roses we just might miss the sweet things in life.
I feel we all have those cloudy days when you feel all hope is lost and you wonder how you are going to get through the situation. Thinking of all the good things that happen in our lives make you feel grateful for the things you do have, not to mention others may have it worse so why ponder on the bad.
I decided to write this post for many reasons, mainly because I been feeling a little out of my element as if I was stuck in a funk of unpleasant events. So, I wanted to point out the good things that have happened this summer and share with you guys.
First & Foremost…
My precious blog “PeaceLove&Jack” just turned a year old ! Yay!! It may not seem like very much time but it sure has felt like it. I remember the time when I was hesitant to start my own blog, I wasn’t sure how far I was going to go with it or even continue it for that matter, but my baby has grown. Although it has only been a year, having my blog has open many doors for me and that is the best feeling. I’ve met new friends/bloggers/collaborators, it has changed my outlook on many things, I’ve learned more on how to manage a website or tech related gadgets, and overall many other things it makes me genuinely happy. When you find that kind of happiness you keep it.
Goals for my blog
1. Incorporate new ideas and posts to my blog and for my followers. I like to be different, and I want to bring you that originality to you. I have a different set of mind and not to mention fashion style which is primarily my passion, so I def want to include that more.
2. Meet new friends… I love meeting new people, especially people who support your passion and want to see you grow (vise versa). I find it very interesting connecting and working with different minds.
3. As always focus more on my blog. As hard as I find it to take time between my everyday schedule I want to always keep blogging ! Its my happiness.
4. Collaborate more with local peeps. Collaborating with others can be really helpful for both parties, everybody is trying to grow you know… what you think is helping you, it may also be benefiting them as well.
5. Grow. One of the reasons why I opened my blog was because one day I plan to go full time on it and make it my primary job, because why not? . Although the process may be slow, I’m happy knowing I’m doing something about it. If you love something, go for it !
“Do what you’ll love, and you’ll never work another day in your life.”
♥ ♥ ♥
Talking about meeting new friends, I was pretty happy I got to meet up with some local Houston bloggers. It’s funny because usually you think it would be somewhat awkward meeting new people and starting up conversation but these ladies were exceptional great company. A blogger’s meet up was the best idea, it kind of gave me something look forward to. So you can say I plan to keep that in my agenda for future dates.
♥ ♥ ♥
Something that happen this summer? Reflection. I think there will never be such thing as trying to better yourself more than before, you know reflect. To be real and to throw all realness your way I decided to have some change in attitude… no, not because someone told me to, not because something happened….because it makes me feel better. Because sometimes having a better attitude towards things result in your favor. Who doesn’t want a better outcome? Don’t get me wrong I’m always going be me and being true to yourself is what matters, but kindness goes a long way. You may ask why I decided to do this? I feel my attitude is strong, it’s blunt and many people can’t handle it…and while some may not like it, it is part of who I am. I’m not saying I’m changing completely because then it wont be me, I’m just saying approaching anything in a good way can save a lot of drama….other than that I will always be that feisty bad “bitch” (when needed to be). I just feel we are all human after all, and while you can admit your flaws you are already winning.
“I’m bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be than me.”
P.S I’m not the one to put my personal love life open to the public…… but out of all things that bring me happiness to my life I though I’ll share this tiny detail. Something good that comes out of every summer is another year with my beau. I find it to be the highlight of my every summer and quite important so def worth the share.
♥ ♥ ♥
Summer is not over, I’m sure my adventures will continue, I have so many new things to try and I’m sure so do you. Explore, Relax, learn, & most importantly Have fun!
Happy Summer my Loves!!